The Cat Doctor Veterinary Hospital & Hotel, Idaho’s first and only feline exclusive hospital, was established in May of 1997.
Located at 9151 Ustick Road, on the southeast corner of Ustick Road and Dalton Lane, the property was purchased from the Dalton family by Dr. Alexis Higdon and her partner Kath’ren Bay.
The building is a 1940’s farmhouse that Dr. Higdon and Ms. Bay transformed into a cozy, comfortable, fully functioning feline veterinary hospital and hotel. Click here to view photos of the transformation.
Our third exam room is dedicated to Marguerite Dalton, who lived in and cared for the home for 48 years, and believed in the vision that Dr. Higdon and Ms. Bay had for The Cat Doctor.
Alexis and Kath’ren accepting the 2002 Idaho Woman Entrepreneur of the Year award.
We are grateful to Dr. Higdon and Kath’ren for making their vision of The Cat Doctor a reality that inspires us all.